Thursday, January 17, 2013

With a Twist

I've been eating nearly the same thing all week, so in an effort to mix things up - while using ingredients I already have - I changed up my meals just a little bit.  I took the day off from eating Grape Nuts, and instead had an orange-banana-greens smoothie.  I'd normally have this concoction with kale, but I used mixed greens instead.
I cooked some wild rice in the broth created by Appetite for Reduction's Braised Cabbage with Seitan.  A nice change after quinoa.
A few crackers with peanut butter in the afternoon (no picture).

Angela's Creamy Avocado Pasta, but with a few changes: shallot, garlic powder, Cholula (instead of fresh garlic, lemon juice, and basil).  It added a nice little kick to the sauce.


One more day til the weekend! Woo hoo!  Have a wonderful night. :)

8 comments:

  1. Everything is green instead of yellow.

    (So happy I finally got into making the Avocado Pasta. I have an Avocado ripening on the counter now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps a shade of light green? Ha ha! Better than all yellow, to be sure. And I for one, am so happy you have discovered the awesome power of avocado pasta. ;)

      Delete
  2. Everything looks really great! I'm planning on using orange in one of my upcoming smoothies. I can't wait to try it! Your smoothie sounds delicious. The cabbage and seitan dish looks delicious with the wild rice and I really need to get on this avocado pasta!

    Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oranges I have right now are so juicy. It was a great smoothie, but it was difficult to do - as it is still chilly in the mornings. I know you don't love pasta, but the avocado sauce itself would be great on anything - you'll have to experiment! :)

      Thank you, I hope you are as well!

      Delete
  3. I've been eating mostly the same things all week, too, but thanks to Mike I have some variety for dinner, at least. :)

    It was a delicious looking green day for you! I've got to put the avocado pasta on our menu- I keep hearing so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that Mike has been whipping up some delicious dinners for you! Next week I'll aim for a little more variety (maybe!).

      Definitely put it on your menu, you won't regret it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes! Now, I need a few darker greens to really make it count. :)

      Delete